Friday November 15th, The Espy Basement
with A Gazillion Angry Mexicans, Go Van Go and The Velvets
(We’re opening at 9pm!)
Saturday November 16th, 2013 9pm
Musicman Megastore, Bendigo
264 Hargreaves Street , Bendigo, Victoria 3550
Saturday November 23rd, Walk For Life Festival (Details to TBC)
November 30th, 2013 – House Party on Wheels, Email for details
with The Velvets, The Drooling Mouths, Stoned Sons, Avantair, Beloved Elk, Gunslingers, Black Alleys, Chev rise, The Trash Fairies, Damn That River, Animal Shadows, The Moops, Peter Dickybird, Citrus Jam, The Stupid Flanders, Shane Bauer, Rachel Clark, Mike Waters and Storm Your Castle
Saturday December 14th – Day Festival with Gunn Music (Details TBA), The Empress, Fitzroy.
December – Proposed Recording and Film Clip making time
Last night we had a chat. Well not really, it was on Tuesday but I liked the title ‘Last Night We Had a Chat’ more. You may think we’re all a bunch of wasters, which I won’t dispute lol but we also have in-depth strategies to get the best out of the band that we can.
Yes. I’ve definitely not been hanging out with mates as much recently. It’s not deliberate and I apologise in advance. It’s because Lieutenant Jam is now on a mission. We want to play stadium shows eventually. Big ask but the belief is there. We want to give this thing a real crack. So we wrote a little business plan.
The basis of the plan is:
Creating an all in one package by the end of the first third of 2014. That’s how long it’s going to take if we work our butts off starting now. We want to play festivals and this is how we’re going to do it:
- First and foremost create a 3-5 track banging EP. No turds. No unpolishable shit. The basis will be on the three new songs ‘The Ballad of Mickey Finn’, ‘Jealousy is Dumb but I Want You in my Bed’ and ‘Fuck You’. Others that may be polished and added include ‘Pirate Song’, ’50s Rock’ (aka I Used to Live Here) and Caz 2 (Which clearly needs a new title!).
- Two polished film clips ‘Fuck You’ and ‘The Ballad of Mickey Finn’, which will be filmed by Max Rawicz. One of which will be released online 2 weeks prior to the launch. Must go viral!
- A killer venue for the Single/EP launch
- Killer supporting bands (even if we’re not the headliner)
- Lead up promotion including photos, small warm up videos, the making of videos and weekly (or bi-weekly) cartoon strips warming the audience up to the video clip.
- Lighting and an organised show with fillers and horn/string section for selected songs + costumes.
- Website refurbished + updated summary and band overview + New triplej Unearthed upload + Soundcloud + Youtube music
- Less gaps between songs, more linking in between songs and NO count ins.
- More choruses and better arrangements to have the listener being involved in the song from the first 5-10 seconds.
- Treating every new song like a single.
- Playing bigger shows
- Interacting better with each other on stage
- Crowd interaction i.e. Walking into the crowd, Easy and catchy choruses, Call and Response with the crowd
- More advertising online and at shows but not to the point of selling out (oxymoron maybe?)
- Sticking and meeting the deadlines.
- Film locations, lighting, actors and extras, filming contracts, editing and promotion of the clip.
- Keep pumping out new songs and rotate older songs.
- More acoustic versions and promotion videos
- Linking all social networking sites together + branding
- A ‘jam’ suit for someone to dance in on stage
- Horn section and strings for big shows
We’ve got a strong team of advisers, I’d say my ones were (on the basis of they are working just as hard as myself or more):
- US Producer Scott Matthews
- Rob from The Moops
- The Wednesday Experiment’s Pete O Leary
- James from the Stoned Suns
- Brandon from Boss Moxi
- Michael from Red Beard
- Tom from Dropframe
- Hannah and Tayla from Avantair
- Lambert and Giddy from Drooling Mouths
- Jake Stevens (Ex-Hungry and Woods employee)
- Adam Eaton (Soloist)
- Peter Dickybird
- +All the bands involved in House Party on Wheels.
Continue running our own event ‘House Party on Wheels’ 3rd Edition. 30th 2013
(Email for the private address)
1:00-1:20 Storm your castle
1:30-1:50 Mike Waters
2:00-2:20 Rachel Clark
2:30-2:50 Shane Bauer
3:00-3:20 Citrus Jam
3:30-3:50 The Stupid Flanders
4:00-4:20 Peter dickybird
4:30-4:50 The Moops (formerly The Vocal Lotion)
5:00-5:20 Animal Shadows
5:40-6:00 Damn That River
6:10-6:30 The Black Alleys
6:40-7:00 Trash Fairies
7:10-7:30 Chev Rise
8:40-9:00 Stoned Sons (formerly The Porch Monkeys)
9:10-9:30 Lieutenant Jam
9:40-10 Beloved Elk
10:10-10:30 The Drooling Mouths
10:40-11:00 The Velvets
Well that’s the basis of the plan. See you at the Espy Friday 15th November and House Party on Wheels 30th November
Lieutenant Jam is back and turning up a gear!!! With two great gigs (our best yet) at The Overlander in Shepparton and The Grace Darling last week we’re ready to move forward!
Four new songs in the works!!! With titles such as ‘The Ballad of Mickey Finn’, ‘Jealousy is Dumb But I Want You in my Bed’ and ‘En La Noche’ to name a few + we’re working on the film clip for the upcoming single for early next year.
Sunday 27th October we’re on at 6pm at the Tote with Luna Ghost, The Citradels and Boss Moxi
15th November: The Espy
30th November : House Party on Wheels (Email email@example.com) for details
with The Velvets, The Drooling Mouths, Stoned Sons, Avantair, Beloved Elk, Gunslingers, Black Alleys, Chev rise, The Trash Fairies, Damn That River, Animal Shadows, The Moops, Peter Dickybird, Citrus Jam, The Stupid Flanders, Shane Bauer, Rachel Cearns, Mike Waters and Storm Your Castle
Fear not. Lieutenant Jam is still fighting the war against cover songs, Australia’s Got Talent and Idol. We’re not hiding. We’re creating. We’ve taken a strategic month off gigging. In this time big things have happened. Our young Mexican drummer got married (***applause), we’ve been recording at SAE with Ben Gohier, writing 2 new songs, writing applications and going to Mexican wrestling. Plus recording under-rehearsed xylophone versions of songs such as:
But we’ll be back. We’re back on Thursday 17th October at the Grace Darling with a rocking line up of Chev Rise and Avantair!!!
Tomorrow Tuesday 13/8 We play at Old Bar at 8-8:40. Come along as we join arch rivals Peter Dickybird and some poetry goodness!!! Be there!!! We’ll be play this newbie!!!
We did it. Congratulations to Anthony Ross for smashing his first gig with us. His hard work this month learning the songs has paid off! Thanks all that came without you we are nothing! and big thanks to The Refunds, The Wild Comforts and Shane Bauer for playing with us. Quality as always!
13th August 2013 – Old Bar 7pm
22nd August 2013 – The Penny Black
5th September 2013 – The Empress
Hopefully see you there!!!
Yeahhhh. So we got impatient and couldn’t wait until the 22nd of August. So we unveil Anthony next Friday 2nd August at the Brunswick Hotel. More details TBA. Going to be a killer lineup! FREE ENTRY!
To start things off we have the wonderful Shane Bauer ready to rip out some acoustic goodness with his angelic manly voice. Lock up your girlfriends for this one.
Then just as you get Wildly Comfortable The Wild Comforts will bang out their chilled indie country rock!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECP6kbvnEo
Then get on your dancing shoes if there’s one thing on your mind as The ReFunds rip out they’re dance induced goodness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txildFfqLfQ
Then Lieutenant Jam welcome new lead singer Anthony Ross for some indie rock chops. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25FOcww4wno
Right. For those who don’t know. We are a highly ambitious band. After being privileged playing at The West Holts Bar Stage at Glastonbury 2013, Joel has made a promise to get Lieutenant Jam to a main stage by 2015 to fellow bassist SaintJohn.
We also have been working heavier on the art work. SaintJohn has devised a drum kit poster as seen below:
(We have decided on the top picture, unless someone tells us otherwise) + he’s working on T-shirt design, album design and a new logo.
With Anthony learning nearly all our old stuff already we’ve been rearranging to suit his voice and changing parts around. Thinking bigger picture we are working on our next EP launch including set design, lighting and clothing. Yep. That’s what it’s going to take. As well as creating more interesting forms of marketing through intimate videos (which you will see soon). He’s our 2nd rehearsal with new singer Anthony Ross. We’re so dedicated Joel made it to practise after being back in Australia for only 2 hours after a 32 hour flight from London. Enjoy.
(Track 1: Watch Me Bleed, Track 2: I’m Not Insane, Track 3: F”"”" You) –> Yes we’re also going to work on how to improve sound quality also)
In addition, we’re working on a new Youtube strategy by Ben from MyNewsDesk London and Joel is working on the ‘Dog is Dead’ strategy after watching them rise from 100 facebook likes to well over 50k https://www.youtube.com/artist/dog-is-dead through clever marketing. SaintJohn is going to take over the Twitter account from Joel, as Joel will move solely to the website (Yes, I’m writing in 3rd person) and the Facebook account. Stay tuned for more information. The moral of the story is: Keep writing, keep practising, keep fans informed. keep doing what you love, play at Glastonbury again by 2015. Bam. -Joel
We did it! Thanks to everyone that came along to our gig at The West Holts Bar at Glastonbury 2013. After a few minor setbacks with immigration (like Joel nearly getting shot in China – more on that story when we’re famous) the Jam smashed out their set with the fury of Zeus. What a privilege. Special thanks to the Macberry’s who helped organise for us to play all the way from Australia. Our next aim is to get onto a big stage in the next two years at Glastonbury!!! We’re back in August to smash out some Melbourne shows as Fernando, SaintJohn and Anthony are already back in the country. Stay tuned for some new songs coming your way as well. Lieutenant Jam owning life!!! Thanks again!!!